Get Reliable Legal Assistance in Anaheim, CA
When you're confused, lean on us; when you need legal assistance in Anaheim, CA, ask us. That is what we're here for. Even when a divorce is not contentious, it is still stressful because it is a major life change. Concerns for children and their future after a divorce can add to existing anxiety and stress for either parent. With our family law services, we aim to be the calm in the eye of the storm. Reach out to our team to schedule a legal consultation to discuss your needs and specific situation.
While each case is different and treated individually, our approach is consistent. We will do the following:
- Walk you through the process and explain each step.
- Be reassuring and honest.
- Encourage settlement whenever possible.
- Never forget that you are the client.
- Provide compassionate but firm representation in court when settlement is not possible.
- Listen to your concerns.
When it comes to family law services, there are numerous areas that may come up during the course of divorce proceedings. We offer sound legal assistance in the following areas:
- Divorce — Including business owner divorce, spousal support, and other complex issues
- Children's Issues — Working through issues of child support, custody, and visitation as well as issues related to parental relocations and move-away cases
- Legal Separation/Annulment — Counseling clients about filing for separation or whether they qualify for annulment
- Property Division/QDROS — Offering solutions and overcoming obstacles
- Real Estate & Divorce — Helping clients get their fair share of real property (e.g., homes and rental properties)
- Post-Judgment Modification — Seeking modification of spousal and child support, child custody, and visitation when circumstances change
- Prenuptial Agreements — Drafting agreements to help protect a client's assets
- Paternity — Seeking legal determinations of parentage
- Domestic Violence — Helping those seeking keep-away orders and those who have been falsely accused of violent behavior
What Does “No-Fault” Mean for My Situation?
In many states, if one of the spouses in a divorce has done something to cause the divorce - such as extramarital affairs, abuse, or substance abuse - the spouse initiating the divorce must provide proof that their spouse caused significant damage to the marriage. This is not the case in California, a no-fault state. In our state, neither spouse must prove that the other did anything to cause the divorce, and if one spouse wants to get divorced but the other doesn’t, the divorce can still be finalized. While this makes things relatively easier, there are still a number of complicated steps that must be followed, making professional legal assistance a priority for any person considering divorce or legal separation.
Our team of skilled and dedicated lawyers is ready to discuss your case, file your divorce petition or response, make sure your documents detailing assets are accurate and complete, and attempt to reach a settlement without the emotionally and financially trying process of going before a judge. Whether you’re the petitioner - the person filing for divorce - or the respondent, we’re here to make sure you get your fair share and aren’t losing any more of your assets than you’re legally required to. In addition to the separation of assets, we handle every other issue that comes up during a divorce, so get in touch with us as soon as you’re aware that you’ll be entering divorce proceedings.
Contact us when you’re in need of family law services. We proudly serve clients in Anaheim, California, and the surrounding areas.